Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Earl Okin at the Tikki Lounge

Earl Okin

Earl Okin, that legendary musical genius and sex symbol from Notting Hill played a free gig at the Tikki Lounge a few weeks ago. For those of you that have never heard Earl play, his twisted blend of acoustic bossa guitar and salacious comic wit can be a little difficult to convey so I’m not even going to bother trying. All I can say is that for the quintessential Earl experience, check out his cd on amazon or ebay.

As I had shamelessly self-promoted this gig to anyone that would listen, I was pleasantly pleased with the turnout, even world famous DJ Ronska showed his face! Also, Earl was kind enough to sit down and chat with us beforehand, regaling my sister with tales of Brazil, dazzling her with pictures of his ninety-something year old mother and inviting her to Notting Hill for a visit. And the gig wasn’t half bad either.

Earl Okin

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home